Saturday, October 31, 2015

My Hero Academia 65: Walls

As always, My Hero Academia gives us a fluid and beautiful fight sequence. After an arc where the students succeed in taking down a top-class villain, it's good to be assured that there's still a sizable gap between them and full-fledged heroes. Even wearing weights and being far from his prime, we're reminded that All Might is an absolute beast. The chapter title is greatly appropriate, proving the massive cliff those aiming for the title of #1 Hero will have to scale. The imagery we see of him towering over the two was suitably matching, and even Bakugou has to accept that he's outmatched.

I liked the callback to Recovery Girl's advice in the Sports Festival - even though it was meant for Midoriya, it's definitely advice equally suited to Bakugou as well. It obviously didn't stick, of course, and it seems like it's going to be a problem for him in a future arc.

If there was anything that disappointed me, it was that the fight didn't last longer. I was hoping to see at least another chapter, and maybe some more of Midoriya's ingenuity, but knowing Kouhei's breakneck pacing I was hardly surprised. There was also the fact that All Might very likely could have still stopped him, but was frozen from admiration for his heir. I think it would have been better if All Might did manage to cut him off at that point, and we had another chapter for Midoriya to wake Bakugou and work out a final stand. Maybe I just want to see more All Might action though.

I'd say that, for the awesome action spread throughout the chapter, the ending was a touch anti-climatic, but that last smash was still hella satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment